Terms and Conditions
Scope of Application
- The Accommodation Contract and related contracts to be concluded between our Hostel and the Guest shall be based on this Contract under the following terms and conditions of our Contract.
Any matter not stipulated in this Contract shall be governed by the ordinance and generally established a practice.
- When our Hostel has agreed to conclude a Special Contract without conflicting with ordinance and established practice, the said Special Contract shall prevail.
Application for an Accommodation Contract
- The Guest who intends to apply to our Hostel for an Accommodation Contract will
be required to provide our Hostel with the following particulars:
- Name(s) of Guest(s) to be registered.
- Date(s) scheduled for an overnight stay and estimated time of arrival.
- Accommodation charge (according, in principle, to the basic accommodation charges described in the attached Schedule I).
- Other information considered necessary by our Hostel.
- In the case that the Guest has requested, during his/her stay, an extension of an overnight stay beyond the date described in the preceding Paragraph(2) above, our Hostel shall handle his/her requests a new application for an Accommodation Contract which has been made at the point in time when the said request has been made.
Conclusion, etc. of the Accommodation Contract
- The Accommodation Contract shall be considered to have been concluded at the time when our unless our Hostel has accepted the application described in the preceding Article unless our Hostel has certified that our Hostel has not accepted the said application.
- When the Accommodation Contract has been concluded under the provision of the preceding Paragraph, the Application Money payable for the period scheduled for overnight stay as prescribed by our Hostel shall be paid by the date set by us, up to the maximum amount equal to the basic accommodation charge for 3 days in cases where the period scheduled for overnight stay exceeds 3 days.
- The Application Money shall first be applied to the final payment of the Accommodation Charge payable, and when the circumstances requiring the application of the provisions of Article 6 and Article 18 have arisen, to penalty and then to compensation money in this order. If there is any balance left it will be repaid at the time when the Accommodation Charge is paid as provided in Article 12.
- In the case that the Application Money described in Paragraph 2 of this Article has not been paid by the date set by us as stipulated in the same Paragraph, the Accommodation Contract shall become invalid, but limited only to the case where our Hostel has notified the Guest to that effect at the time when prescribing the day due for payment of the Application Money.
Special Contract Requiring Non-Payment of the Application Money
- Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding Article, Paragraph 2, there are cases where our Hostel accepts a Special Contract which does not require payment of the Application Money specified in the said Paragraph after the conclusion of the Contract.
- When accepting an application for an Accommodation Contract, in the case that our Hostel fails to request payment of the Application Money specified in the preceding Article, Paragraph 2, and/or in the case that it fails to prescribe the due date for payment of the said Application Money, the Special Contract described in the preceding Paragraph shall be considered to have been accepted.
Refusal of the Conclusion of the Accommodation Contract
- The following are cases where our Hostel will not accept the conclusion of the Accommodation Contract:
- When the application for accommodation is not based on this Contract.
- When there is no room available due to full occupancy.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered likely to behave in violation of the provisions of the ordinance, public order or good public morals.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered to be corresponding to the following (a) to (c).
- The law in respect to prevention, etc. against illegal actions by gang members (1991 Law item 77) stipulated article 2 item 2 (hereinafter referred to as “gang group”.), gang member stipulated by the same law article 2 item 6 (hereinafter referred to as “gang member.”), gang group semi-regular members or gang member related persons and other antisocial forces.
- When gang group or gang members are associates of corporations or other bodies to control business activities.
- When a corporate body has related persons to gang members.
- When the guest seeking accommodation behaves extremely in a mischievous way against other hotel guests.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is clearly considered to be a patient with an infectious disease.
- When the guest seeking accommodation, a violent requesting act is carried out or demanded a burden beyond the reasonable purview.
- When act of God, trouble with facilities, and other unavoidable causes prevent the Guest from staying at our Hostel.
The Guest's Right to Cancel the Contract
- The Guest may request our Hostel to cancel the Accommodation Contract.
- In the case that the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes attributable to him/her (which is the case when our Hostel has requested payment of the Application Money by prescribing the date due for such payment under the provision of Article 3, Paragraph 2, except in the case when the Guest has canceled the Accommodation Contract prior to such payment), payment of penalty shall be required as specified in the attached Schedule II, but in the case that our Hostel has accepted a Special Contract described in Article 4, Paragraph 1 this provision shall be applied only to the case where our Hostel has notified the Guest of his/her responsibility to pay a penalty for cancellation of the Contract when accepting the Special Contract.
- In the case that the Guest does not arrive by 9 PM. on the day of an overnight stay without informing our Hostel of a delay (or after the lapse of 1 hour past the scheduled time of arrival is indicated by the Guest beforehand), the Accommodation Contract concerned may be considered to have been cancelled by the Guest and will be handled accordingly.
The Right of Our Hostel to Cancel the Contract
- The following are cases where our Hostel may cancel the Accommodation Contract:
- When the Guest is considered likely to behave in violation of the provisions of the ordinance, public order or good public morals, or he/she is considered to have behaved in such a manner.
- When the Guest is clearly considered to be corresponding to the following (a) to (c).
- Gang group, gang group semi-regular members or gang member related persons and other antisocial forces.
- When a corporate body or other organization where gang groups or gang members control business activities.
- In a corporate body which has persons relevant to gang member in its board member
- When the Guest in accommodation behaves extremely in a mischievous way against other hotel guests.
- When the Guest is clearly considered to be a patient with an infectious disease.
- When having accommodation, a violent action is carried out, or demanded a burden beyond reasonable purview.
- When unavoidable causes, such as act of God, etc., prevent the Guest from staying at our Hostel.
- When the Guest smokes at any place in our Hostel other than the designated smoking area or vandalizes fire protection facilities, or does not comply with the matters prohibited by our Hostel (limited only to those matters necessary for fire prevention) among the rules of use prescribed by our Hostel.
- In cases where our Hostel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the provision of the preceding Paragraph, charges for accommodation service, etc. which have not yet been offered to the Guest shall not be receivable.
Registration of Accommodation
- The Guest will be required to register the following particulars at the front desk of our Hostel:
- Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest.
- Nationality, passport number, place entered and date entered, in the case of a foreign guest.
- Scheduled date and time of departure.
- Other particulars considered necessary by our Hostel.
- In the case that the Guest intends to pay the charges described in Article 12 by using such means in place of currency as credit cards, he/she will be required to show them at the time of registration described in the preceding Paragraph.
Time Allowed for Use of the Guest room
- The time allowed for the Guest to use the guest room of our Hostel shall be from 3 PM. till 10 AM. of the following morning, except when the Guest stays for more than one night in succession, in which case the Guest may use the guest room all day except the day of arrival and the day of departure.
- Staying your room after check our time is stipulated as prohibited. After checking out 10 AM., please use a lounge on 2nd floor.
- When the Guest stays for more than one night in succession, in which case the Guest may use the guest room all day except the day of arival and the day of departure. However, from 10 AM. to 3PM. is cleaning time. Cleaning staff will enter your room during this time for cleaning. We appreciate your understanding.
Article10 – Compliance of the Rules of Use of the Hostel
- While staying in our Hostel, the Guest will be required to comply with the Rules of Use posted inside our Hostel as prescribed by us.
- The business hours of principal facilities in our Hostel shall be as follows.
- Curfew … 0 am
- Front Desk … 6 am ~ 0 am
- Bar … 7 pm ~ 11 pm
- The service hours described in the preceding Paragraph may be changed temporarily for unavoidable reasons, in which case the Guest will be notified by proper means.
Payment of Charges
- The breakdown of the accommodation charge, etc. payable by the Guest shall be as listed in the attached Schedule I.
- Payment of the accommodation charges, etc. described in the preceding Paragraph shall be made in currency or by other alternative means acceptable by our Hostel, such as credit cards at the front desk at the time when the Guest departs from our Hostel or is charged by our Hostel.
- In the case that the Guest has not stayed at our Hostel at his/her discretion even after we have offered the guest room to the Guest and made it available for him/her to use, the accommodation charge will still be charged.
Responsibility of Our Hostel
- In the case that we have inflicted damage on the Guest in the course of fulfilling the Accommodation Contract and related Contracts or in breach of these Contracts, we shall compensate for the said damage, unless the said damage has been caused due to a cause not attributable to us.
- Our Hostel is covered by the Hostel liability insurance to cope with emergencies in the case of fire, etc.
Handling In Case the Guest Room Contracted Is Not Available
- Should the guest room contracted for the Guest under the Accommodation Contract become unavailable for him/her, our Hostel shall try to offer other accommodation facilities under the same conditions as the original Accommodation Contract as far as possible, subject to the consent of the Guest concerned.
- Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding Paragraph, in cases where we are unable to offer other accommodation facilities to the Guest, we shall pay to him/her a compensation charge equivalent to the penalty, which will be applied to the amount of the compensable damage. However, in cases where there is no cause attributable to us for not being able to offer the guest room, we shall not pay the compensation charge.
Handling of Checked Articles, etc.
- Our Hostel will not compensate the Guest for the loss or damage inflicted on any of the articles which have brought into our Hostel.
Custody of the Baggage or Personal Belongings of the Guest
- When the baggage of the Guest has arrived at our Hostel prior to his/her arrival, our Hostel will keep it subject to our agreement given prior to its arrival and will hand it to the Guest at the time when he/she checks in at the front desk.
- In the case that the baggage or personal belongings of the Guest are found misplaced after he/she has checked out, our Hostel doesn't make contact with the guest to take into consideration his/her privacy at all. Our Hostel keeps them with the guest's information for 14 days including the day when we have been found as cautions at keeping them and dispose of them afterward. However, valuables and expensive items will be sent police. Food and beverages will be disposed of immediately when we find them.
- The responsibility of our Hostel regarding the custody of the Guest's baggage or personal belongings in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall conform to the provision of the preceding Article, Paragraph 1, in the case of Paragraph 1 of this Article and to the provision of the preceding Article, Paragraph 2, in the case of the preceding Paragraph.16.02.
Responsibility of the Guest
- In the case that our Hostel has suffered damage due to the intention or fault of the Guest, the Guest will be required to compensate to our Hostel for the said damage.
Table 1 Breakdown of Accommodation Charge (concerning Article 2-1 and 12-1) Breakdown
Total amount to be paid by a guest Accommodation charge
|Accommodation charge||1. Basic accommodation charge (Room charge)|
|Additional charges||2. Additional food and beverage charge(except for those included in (1))
3. Other charge
|Tax||4. Consumption tax|
Table 2 Penalty (concerning Article 6-2)
|The date of receiving the notification of the cancellation contract|
|Group Guests||No Show||Accommodation Day||1 Day Prior to Accommodation Day||7 Days Prior to Accommodation Day||14 Days Prior to Accommodation Day|
|from 1 to 10||100%||100%||50%||0%||0%|
|from 11 to 49||100%||100%||50%||20%||10%|
|50 or more||100%||100%||100%||80%||50%|
- The percentage is the percentage of the Penalty against the Basic Accommodation Charge.
- In the case that the number of days for accommodation has been reduced, Penalty for One Day (first day) shall be charged, regardless of the number of days reduced.
- In the case that the Accommodation Contract has been cancelled for a part of the Group (consisting of 10 members or more), the Penalty charged shall be for the number of the Group members equal to 10% (a fraction to be evened up) of the total number of the Group Members booked for accommodation as of 8 days prior to the first day of Occupancy (or the day when the Accommodation Contract has been accepted in less than 8 days prior to the first day of occupancy).